Dryer Optimisation- Step 1
It is important to start by optimising the abatement load at source. Optimised dryers reduce the size/running cost of abatement plant.
At this time bypass dampers are installed to divert the air automatically to atmosphere or abatement. A central header is installed to a position of the abatement plant to allow emissions profiling.
Emissions Profiling – Step 2
The design of the abatement plant must be tailored to the process loading for the best operating efficiency. Production loading on abatement plant can vary greatly with run time, number of colours, cover, etc. The common emissions are measured for airflow and solvent over a normal period of production levels for typically 6-8 weeks. This becomes the basis of designing abatement.
Emissions profiling examples
Abatement Management – Step 3
When it comes to deciding on a major capital spend, Clients generally understand production and not abatement and are often confused with different advice. Our aim is to help Clients with the specification, ordering, installation commissioning and testing.
We are independent of any abatement manufacturer and so give impartial advice to allow Clients to make objective decisions.
Some examples of abatement managed successfully by EPM are shown in the photos,
Our aim is help Clients through to a cost-effective solution which is appropriate to their needs. Clearly, for most clients the priority is the capital cost of the plant itself. However, there are many other factors to consider when selecting a supplier:-
- Running costs – gas and power
- Abatement technology
- Future expansion
- Efficiency at full range of loads
- Destruction efficiency to meet
- emission limits
- Normative design and safety
- Stack height calculations
- The manufacturer (experience, back-up, servicing, etc)
- Lead time
- Spatial requirement
- Requirements for services
- Inclusions/exclusions in proposals
EPM can help in the following ways with installation:-
- Conceptual designs with budgets and projected running costs
- Local Authority IPPC Permits
- Assessing future plans and loads
- Budget control
- Preparing specification
- Assessing and explaining proposals
- Helping Clients make an objective and informed selection
- Assistance to Clients placing order direct with the Supplier
- Overseeing design development stages
- HAZOP Analysis
- Supervising, Installation and Commissioning
- Balancing the process exhausts to the abatement
- Emissions testing (VOC, CO & NOx) to prove compliance
- Energy efficiency testing